For years now I’ve gone back and forth on this, all the while writing things and like an artist burning a sketchbook or canvas I inevitably delete or archive the thing I worked on. I just never seem to be happy with what I am doing, not enough to share it outside of blogs and my own websites.
Thus far I have a list I want to stick to regarding what I publish:
- Short stories set in my homebrew fantasy world (to publish in fantasy magazines)
- Poetry (to publish in magazines and on Amazon)
- Literotica novel (to publish on Amazon)
- Dark fantasy story with Rayne (NaNo novel 2015)
- Modern fantasy with witches (NaNo novel 2014)
I’m also going to write a Cullen fanfic I have in my head, but that I won’t sell, I’ll publish it on my personal website (which I am creating via SquareSpace, woot!)
Am I being too harsh on myself? Should I just finish one of these things and just go for it? I am 36 now, it’s about time I got something published right? Getting commissioned to write private smut does not an Author make, lol.